Warm Homes Healthy People
Warm Homes Healthy People has been delivered since 2012 in an attempt to provide help and support to residents whose health conditions make them more vulnerable during the winter months.
Warm Homes Healthy People is specifically aimed at:
• Over 75’s
• Those in receipt of disability benefits
• Those who have a long term illness made worse by the cold
• Those who live with a child (under 5) who has a long term illness made worse by the cold
We can help with:
• Emergency heating
• Energy debt advice and welfare benefits advice and assistance
• Home handyman service – which can assist with minor repairs
• Installation of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and falls prevention advice where needed
• We also offer wider advice and support to help keep you healthy and more able to cope with cold weather
and if in receipt of qualifying benefits
• Boiler servicing and repairs
For further details, please see the Warm Homes Healthy People poster.
For help and advice contact Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council 01642 528215 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday.
If you need help with emergency heating outside these hours contact Cleveland Fire Brigade on their 24 hour helpline – 01429 874063.