The aims of SWAN
Helping you to access the right advice from the right place at the right time
- The need to co-ordinate advice services in the Stockton Borough, was initially identified through the Efficiency, Improvement and Transformation review by Stockton Borough Council in 2010.
- With growing demand for advice there is a definite need for agencies to work together to provide services which ensure residents get the help they need, when they need it.
- The SWAN network is funded by The Big Lottery Fund (BIG) through the Advice Services Transition Fund. The aim of the find is to improve access to advice for residents and create the opportunity for agencies to work together to monitor the needs of those residents.
- The SWAN project was initiated in October 2013 by nine organisations with experience of advice provision and an expertise of the issues and problems faced by the residents of Stockton Borough..
Advice for you
- We all sometimes face situations that seem impossible to resolve. Whether it is an unfair employer or threatening creditor, it can be hard to stand up for yourself if you do not have access to the right information.
- The network brings you an online resource to give you the information you need with useful tools making it easier for you to take control of your situation.
- The site contains letters, fact sheets and many links to national and local websites giving you details on how you can resolve everyday problems.
- Even if you still can’t resolve the issue on your own, we are still here to help by giving you details of the advice services that are available to people living and working in Stockton.