The Tees Valley Authorities- in partnership with local but operators are introducing the BRIDGE CARD to any person who may need additional support whilst travelling on public transport.
HOW WILL THE BRIDGE CARD SCHEME WORK?
You should consider getting a Bridge Card if you have difficulties using public transport because of:
- Lack confidence
When you show the card to transport staff they will recognise that you may need extra help during your journey.
You don’t have to register for the scheme, just present your card to a member of the transport staff if you need help.
The card does not entitle you to a concessionary or discounted fare.
WHAT CAN THE CARD HELP YOU WITH?
- You might need time to find a seat before the bus sets off
- You may have difficulty remembering or knowing which but stop to get off at
- Sometimes you may have difficulty getting on the correct bus
THE TRANSPORT STAFF ARE TRAINED TO:
- Help you count out the money or change
- Check that you know where you’re going and what stop to get off at
- Tell you when you have arrived at your destination
- Allow you time to be seated before the bus sets off
- Tell you information about your journey verbally instead of a written timetable
- Use the bus features to help you board or exit the bus safely
WHERE CAN I GET A BRIDGE CARD?
The card is available at each local authority’s Shopmobility Service and other appropriate organisations.
Shopmobility in Stockton is based at:
3-5 Bridge Road
For further details on Shopmobility Stockton click HERE.
WHAT IF I SHOW THE CARD AND I STILL DO NOT GET THE HELP I NEED?
If this is the case, please contact:
Care of Middlesbrough Shopmobility
1st Floor Car Park
Tel: 01642 254545
To download a leaflet about the Bridge Card, click HERE.