2.00pm – 4.30pm
Stockton & District Advice and Information Service, Wellington Square
Infinity is the Financial Inclusion Forum for Stockton Borough, helping people deal with more problems and reducing poverty. Infinity is holding an Information Session aimed at front-line staff who may deal with individuals and households at the time of bereavement.
The event will:
- provide practical resources that can help support people
- give information on how to refer clients
- raise awareness of the negative financial impacts that bereavement can bring
- encourage people to plan now to avoid problems later
Information will be available on a range of services, including:
- debt and money advice
- welfare benefit advice
- grants and other support available
- faith groups
- sources of practical support
Stall holders will include:
Christians Against Poverty
Crake and Mallon Funeral Directors
Coop Funeral Care
Watson Woodhouse Solicitors
There will also be a short (15 minutes) presentation to highlight the issues of bereavement and funeral poverty at 2.15pm; 3.15pm and 4.15pm.
The event will be at: Stockton & District Advice & Information Service, Unit 22, Wellington Square Shopping Centre.